Simulated Hand Dealing
Why you might ask, well there are some people who mistrust computer generation, feeling that the deals are biased or influenced from someone on high, so we have provided the option to simulate hand dealing. There is absolutely no computer generation, just the reading of each individual card from a hand shuffled deck and then dealing the cards one after another into four hands. Once the cards are dealt then the deal will be shown on the Dealing Screen allowing it to be duplicated, saved, analysed and printed as a hand record or presented on the club’s website, just the same as if it were computer generated. So what to do:
- Hand shuffle the decks of cards and put 2 decks into the card hopper
- Go to the Main Menu and select “File” then “New”
- The next screen has two choices at the top/right, either Generate Random Boards or Leave Boards Empty, choose the Leave Board Empty option
- Press “Generate” and the number of selected boards will be produced as empty boards, now press “Exit”
- You will come back to the Main Menu, now select “Read” rather than “Deal”
- The Dealing Screen appears and if you press “Show Board” you will see that each hand is empty
- Now select “Simulate Hand Dealing” at the bottom of the screen
- Insert the board or press “Read” if you are using the dealing platform
- When the deck is dealt the hands will be shown on the Dealing Screen and you can continue dealing, then save, duplicate, analyse and print just the same as computer generated deals
A good test for those who don’t trust computer generated deals is to play a session using a mixed stack of computer generated and simulated hand dealt cards. At the end of the session ask the players to identify which is which and which they prefer, you will get some unusual answers!
Reading Already Dealt Cards
Follow the same procedure as above but make up the deck of cards to be read in the order of North at the top, East, West and South at the bottom. Go to the Dealing Screen and select “Read already played boards” and press “Read”. Each of the four hands will be read and the deal will be shown on the Dealing Screen, now you can save, duplicate, analyse and print as before.