We have designed and built both the machine and its operating software to be very user friendly, so please don’t be afraid, there is nothing to worry about. The first task is to load the software onto your computer, which takes only a few minutes, by just following the clear and simple instructions that appear on the screen as the software loads itself.
When the software is loaded and you are ready to start dealing. First, give yourself some room to work, a table close to your computer and power supply is ideal. Place the machine on the table and connect to the computer using the USB lead, making sure that you insert the plug the correct way round and now power up the machine and computer and you are ready to go.
Basic Random Dealing
The following allows you to deal hands of cards, using factory settings and the Dealing Platform, which will you will find is already inserted in the machine, just push it all the way in, you will hear and feel it click into place. Put 2 decks of cards in the hopper, (if you are using new cards, please remove the Jokers, you would be surprised at how many people don’t), this gives sufficient weight to the cards to allow efficient dealing, and open up the Dealer4 software on the computer, there will be an icon on your desktop, just click it to open and the Main Menu will appear, then:
- Click on “File” and a drop down menu appears, select “New”
- A new screen appears, advising the number of boards to be dealt, this can be changed. You are given the option of using the Dealer 4 or Big Deal generator select either and eventually you will find out which you prefer but for now either will do. Now just go to click on “Exit” which you will find at the bottom of the screen
- Another new screen appears and press “Deal” at the top of the screen
- The next screen is the Dealing Screen, it will automatically come up as a blind deal but you can see the deal by pressing “Show Deal”
- Press the start button on the front of the machine and dealing starts
- Take the dealt cards out and put another deck in the hopper and off you go, the second deal will appear and will be dealt when you press the start button
Dealing Directly into Boards
- Slide the Dealing Platform out of the machine and close the Flip Plate if it opens when you do this.
- Go to the Dealing Screen, and in the bottom left you will see “Automatically start dealing when a board inserted”, click this function on
- Insert the board fully and away you go
Using the Board Recognition System
This system ensures that the cards are always dealt to the correct board and whilst a very useful system it is not essential to use it. If you want to make use of it, the first task is to apply the stickers to your boards, following the instruction in the appropriate Manual. Now go to the Dealing Screen and click the “Check Board Numbers” function on, this is in the bottom right of the screen. Deal as normal in the knowledge that if you insert the wrong board, the system will advise you of the mistake.
Dealing Screen – other settings
Down the right hand side of the Dealing Screen you will find a range of settings, for instance Jumbo Print (for the poor sighted players) or various national card designs, just click to choose but for the majority of users you will find Standard or Normal settings are all you need.
Under the dealing section you will see a range of buttons that allow you to manually move backwards and forwards through the set of deals, these are self explanatory. You will also notice 4 green squares under NEWS, within these squares is the number 13, when you start to deal these squares turn red and the cards are counted in, when they turn green you have successfully dealt 13 cards into each hand. Under the green squares are four blue squares, these will show the High Card Points when the dealt hand is shown and will turn off if you choose to perform blind dealing.
Double Dummy Analysis
We have provided you with the choice of two analysing systems first is the Deep Finesse system which has been around for years and as a result is well trusted around the world; unfortunately it is rather slow and consequently can be a problem if time is against you. The second system from Bo Haglund does a similar high quality job but much faster – the choice is yours.
The analysis when completed shows itself in the bottom right corner of the Dealing Screen, just below the hand that is being dealt and of course appears in the same place on the Hand Record when printed. So how to do it:
- Return to the Main Menu and click on “Analyze”
- The Bo Haglund system will appear as the factory setting but this can be changed (see under Set Up) just click “Yes” and you will see the progress of the analysis to the point of completion, then it will be shown on the Dealing Screen for each individual deal
Duplication of Dealing Sets
When the last deal of a set is finished a message will appear on the screen asking if you want to finish dealing or start the set again – the choice is yours.
Print Hand Record
Return to Main Menu and select “Print” you will then be faced with a page of settings, allowing you to select the number of hands per page, to name the record and to proceed with printing – the page is self explanatory
Again back to Main Menu and select “File” then “Save”, giving you the chance to title and where to save to.
This allows you to set a number of functions as default settings. Back to Main Menu then “Setup” and “Preferences” on the drop down menu. You can now select which analyser you want to use or the number of boards that you normally deal etc.
So you should now be up and running and churning out the deals, so all that remains to be said, is please keep the machine clean (check out the Cleaning Manual) and Happy Dealing.